Yep. One year living in Chicago. It certainly doesn’t feel like I’ve been out here that long. There were a lot of hard times over the last year. Times are still hard right now, but on a macro scale, I think I’m actually doing alright.
Things that happened:
- Slept on 3 different people’s couches in my first 3 months here
- Held two jobs at once for the first time
- Grew an awesome handlebar mustache that I eventually shaved off
- Got a library card and a Kindle and started reading books like mad again
- Went on food stamps for the first (and hopefully only) time
- Became an intern at iO
- Got used to non-Florida winters
- Started an independent improv team
- Successfully made a conscious effort to be nicer
- Met and watched famous people and soon-to-be-famous people perform
- Realized how much a girl meant to me…after it was too late (I legitimately might still be working my way through that one when I do next year’s recap)
So that was year one. I can’t help but feel good about year two. There’s a lot of opportunity to build on the successes of last year, and to learn from the mistakes of the last 23. Thanks for coming with me this far. I hope you’ll stick around a while longer. I promise it will be worth it.